Terry inducted into the newly formed
Buffalo Music Hall of Achievement
at Club Infinity - 2010
Terry Buchwald has been performing for the past 19 years. His very first band was Flipside. He then became lead vocalist, MC and stage manager for Nik and the Nice Guys for six years. He has been performing his Elvis Show throughout his entire career. In addition to his solo shows he has made guest appearances with many WNY bands like: Sportsmen, Switch, Stone Country and Boys of Summer.
Accomplishments: He has 'opened up' for national acts such as: Lee Greenwood, Diamond Rio, Montgomery Gentry, Rick Springfield, Jim Brickman, Sixpence None the richer, Johnny Rivers, Grassroots and the Charlie Daniels Band to name a few. Terry has also performed for such celebrity functions as:
- Variety Kids Telethon
- Ryan Miller's Steadfast Foundation
- Post Production Party for Disney's 2005 CBS Elvis Mini-Series
- Emmy Award Cast Party for the TV show, Ally McBeal and The Practice in Hollywood, California
- WNY Make a Wish Foundation's "An Evening With the Stars", hosted by Kathy Lee Gifford
- NYS Governor Pataki's New Years Eve Ball
- Former Buffalo Bills Quarterback, Jim Kelly's NFL/ESPN Retirement Party
- New York City and Boston Marathon post-race parties
- Alan Thicke Celebrity Classic
- Anheuser-Busch Summer Tour
- NFL Superbowl Parties
- NHL Al-Star Benefits
These performances have taken him to many major cities in the United States and Canada, including Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Hollywood, New York City and Toronto. Terry has also performed in countries as far away as Japan, Puerto Rico and Mexico.
Terry's national television appearances include: Your Big Break, a Dick Clark Production; Doc, a PAX TV hit sitcom starring Billy Ray Cyrus; U's Place, a Fox 29 Children's show; Variety Club Telethons, of which he is a national cast member.
Locally, his concerts and appearances are broadcast frequently on TV stations in upstate New York and western Pennsylvania. Recently he was the subject of a three part ABC Special on Buffalo's Channel 7 News. He is also a spokesman, guest DJ and entertainer for Buffalo radio stations, Classic 104, 97 Rock, Star 102.5, WYRK 106.5 and Kiss 98.5. Frequently he can be heard on commercials and voice-overs.
He takes part in volunteer work, charities, fund-raisers and awareness events for organizations such as Women and Children's Hospital of Buffalo, Make A Wish Foundation, Children's Miracle Network, United Cerebral Palsy, National Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy Association, AIDS Rochester, Hospice and the Food Bank of Western New York.
- Big Hunk O'Love
- Home for Christmas
- Good Rockin' Then and Now
Buffalo Music Awards Won:
- 2010 Buffalo Music Hall of Achievement
- 2009 Show Band
- 2008 Show Band
- 2007 Show Band
- 2006 Show Band
- 2005 Show Band
- 2004 Show Band
- 2002 Top Solo Artist
- Named one of the Top Elvis Tribute Artists by the LA Times
- National School Choral Award
Interesting Fact - Terry has added a country and rock and roll performance to his show. He will be recording a country/Elvis CD in 2011
Photo Credit: Carl Cederman